Sunday, November 30, 2008

Michelle and Stephen - Hollywood Engagement Photography

I recently spent a weekend in sunny, and smoky, southern California for Michelle and Stephen's engagement session. We had a great time acting like tourists in Hollywood, although I think everyone thought they were movie stars with me and my assistant following them around Hollywood Boulevard like the paparazzi!

We started out at the beautiful Griffith Observatory high up in the hills above Hollywood. We were hoping for great views of the city, but the recent fires filled the skies with white smoke. Combine that with the smog and you've got yourself a natural yellow backdrop! No worries though, I always find a way to come away with great shots....

Think they're happy to get married?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We tried to get some shots with the Hollywood sign in the background, but there was just too much smoke in the sky. Oh well, still a fun shot....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Proof that even in between locations there's always a shot to be had....

Photobucket

Is that Kanye West cruisin' the boulevard? Not quite....

Photobucket

Like I said, because of the smoky sky, we were unable to grab some shots up at the observatory with the Hollywood sign in the background, so we had to improvise. With a little help from my assistant, we were able to get the shot. Just like the Hollywood films, you have to take advantage of props. When in Rome....

Photobucket

Ummm, it's just not the same....

Photobucket

This is just funny....

Photobucket

I just love these street scenes....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once again, my lovely assistant takes one for the team to test out a shot....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can't wait for the wedding!!

1 comment:

Carl said...

Great stuff Garrett. It's me Carl. Josi's brother. I did not know you were into photography. Thats awesome. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Thanks for the golf game. Take care and keep in touch. carl6765@earthlink.net 719-963-0558