Friday, November 7, 2008

Live from Alabama

I've decided I'd try something a bit different for this wedding. I'm going to post several different blogs throughout the weekend from the different shoots I have scheduled for Bethanne and Darren's wedding. Mostly just some fun shots of preparation and hanging out in this amazing location.

A little background on this wedding first. I met Bethanne's sister, Brittney, while I was studying in Florence, Italy several years ago and we became instant best friends. Most of you who know me remember that when I graduated, I was a photographer at the newspaper in Montgomery, Alabama and while I was here I became very close to Brittney's family. So when Bethanne was engaged, they asked me to be the wedding photographer, which I instantly accepted. So at the same time, this feels like a bit of a homecoming.

So where exactly am I right now? The rehearsal and wedding will be held at the Wilson family's (Bethanne's family) cabins on Smith Lake, just outside Jasper, Alabama. I'm actually posting this blog from the cabins, which is shocking because no one can even get a cell signal here. It's a beautiful location, like last weekend in Fort Collins, the colors are amazing.

Here's a shot of the flower girl, Kaylee, having a good time at the Bridesmaids luncheon in Jasper....

Photobucket

So we got a bit of rain today (Friday) which put a scare into everyone, since it's an outside wedding. We couldn't find an umbrella, so Brittney improvised a bit. She's gonna hate me for this one....

Photobucket

How do you like them apples? Check out these party gifts, caramel and chocolate apples, handmade, I know because I helped!

Photobucket

Oh yea, you probably want to meet the bride! Here she is with Kaylee....

Photobucket

And here she is with mom....

Photobucket

Don't fall asleep yet, it's going to be a long weekend....

Photobucket