Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lifehouse rocks Phoenix

So most of you probably wonder what I do on a weekend I don’t have a wedding to photograph. Okay, maybe not, but I’m gonna tell you anyway! As a wedding photojournalist who documents special moments in people’s lives, it’s important to keep my skills at a level higher than my own expectations. So even when I’m not following a bride and groom around all day you better believe I’ll be using my camera to document something interesting.

So this past weekend when the awesome group of guys from Lifehouse asked me to come with them to Phoenix and document their concert, I jumped at the opportunity. They played a great set after the Diamondbacks vs. Astros baseball game at Chase Field and I was there from the moment they stepped out of their hotel to the last autograph leaving the stadium. It was quite an experience, and change of pace, documenting a day in the life of rock stars.

Here are the fellas, from left to right: Ben Carey, Rick Woolstenhulme, Jason Wade, and Bryce Soderberg....

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way to the stadium....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sound check in the tunnel....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Diamondbacks catcher Ivan Rodriguez checks out the action when he arrives for the game....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They even got their own uniforms!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm betting they're more talented with guitars in their hands, not bats....

Photobucket

Hanging out in the dressing room just before heading to the field....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorites, Jason warms up for the show....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, being a huge baseball fan, I couldn't be at the game and not photograph a bit of the action!

Photobucket

Heading to the field....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another favorite....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Nancy L Kent said...

Great pictures Garrett! I've photographed these guys quite a bit myself! They couldn't be nicer people!

-Nancy Kent